JointHealth Plus Antioxidants
Heal Faster from Athletic or Acute Injury
NEW! JOINThealth™ Plus Antioxidants
It happens to everyone. You sprain your knee as you suddenly twist to hit a tennis ball. You pick up a heavy box and feel a painful twinge in your low back. You get rear-ended and the whiplash throws your neck suddenly backward and then forward.
When the body suffers from athletic or acute injury, a whole slew of free radicals and inflammatory chemicals is released. This is a natural and necessary reaction to injury. But excessive free radical production causes excessive inflammation — which can actually stall the healing process.
The Key to Fast Recovery
The key to fast recovery from athletic or acute injury is to neutralize excessive free radicals and quell inflammation. The sooner you can do both of these things, the better! Why? Because what’s now acute pain could become on-going if it doesn’t heal properly.
JOINThealth Plus Antioxidants has everything you need to recover from injury:
- NEM® (Natural Eggshell Membrane) — the active, patented ingredient in JOINThealth Plus Antioxidants — has been clinically proven to provide relief in just 7-10 days.* NEM® naturally contains a range of constituents needed to rebuild cartilage and connective tissue, including key glycosaminoglycans like chondroitin and hyaluronic acid, as well as collagen and other proteins.*
- Our Proprietary Antioxidant Blend supports the healing of muscles, tendons and ligaments,* with the following antioxidant and anti-inflammatory botanicals:
- Boswellia seratta has been shown to inhibit the production of leukotrienes, which are involved in inflammation.* A double-blind, placebo-controlled study found that boswellia significantly improved knee discomfort, knee mobility and walking distance.*
- Turmeric has been found to limit the activity of LOX and COX-2, enzymes that trigger inflammation.* A study of 45 patients showed that curcumin, the active ingredient of turmeric, significantly reduced postoperative pain compared to placebo.*
- Grape Seed and Pine Bark extracts both contain powerful antioxidants called oligomeric proanthyocyanidins (OPCs). Small double-blind trials have found that OPCs reduce swelling caused by injuries and surgery. They may also prevent bruising.
Acute injury is inevitable. Taking a long time to heal isn’t. Try JOINThealth Plus Antioxidants today!
1Wildfeuer A, et al. Effects of boswellic acids extracted from a herbal medicine on the biosynthesis of leukotrienes and the course of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Arzneimittelforschung. 1998;48:668-674.
2Kimmatkar N, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of Boswellia serrata extract in treatment of osteoarthritis of knee—a randomized double blind, placebo controlled trial. Phytomedicine. 2003;10:3-7.
3Satoskar RR, et al. Evaluation of anti-inflammatory property of curcumin (diferuloyl methane) in patients with postoperative inflammation. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol. 1986;24:651-654.
4EPSCO Publishing. Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPCs). ConsumerLab.com. Last reviewed Nov. 2008.
5EPSCO Publishing. Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPCs). ConsumerLab.com. Last reviewed Nov. 2008.
Please remember that this information is not meant to substitute for a consultation with your physician, or another health care professional. Speak with your doctor if you have questions about primary care, or about any medical problem.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, but rather are dietary supplements intended solely for nutritional use.